Sunday, December 15, 2019

Galvanized Garlic Topiary Type

Galvanized Garlic Topiary Type "I've been waiting for the right moment to utilize these sculptural Garlic Topiary forms from Detroit Garden Works," says landscape designer and garden blogger Susan Cohan. "If Santa brought them I'd put them in my home garden!" $225; detroitgardenworks.com



Solitary Bee House "The rapid decline in honey bees is exceptionally alarming," says garden speaker, advisor and Seasonal Wisdom blogger Teresa O'Connor. "That's why I am eager to entice different types of bees, which generally nest from pre-drilled holes rather than in bee hives. These native bees can not excavate their own pockets, so providing them a bee house for shelter keeps them hanging around in the backyard." $10.99; bestnest.com



Modfire Astrofire Outdoor Fire Pit Robin Plaskoff Horton, founder and creative director of the home, garden and lifestyle blog Urban Gardens, loves the sleek appearance of this Astrofire, which includes wood-burning, propane and natural gas choices. $1,450; modfire.com



Encyclopedia of Flowers "Makoto Azuma is among The Plant Provocateur's true inspirations," states The Plant Provocateur blogger Hank Jenkins. "His work is so creatively lavish and superbly composed have a peek at these guys my blog. He plays with crops in ways you may never think of!" $69.37; amazon.com



Seed Savers Exchange Membership "An yearly membership for this federal, non-profit seed is a fantastic gift for gardeners worried about protecting legacy foods from extinction," says master gardener and Seasonal Wisdom writer Teresa O'Connor go to website. "The actual paintings are the members-only newsletters and yearly yearbook, which features expert growing tips, plant history and heirloom varieties you will find nowhere else. $40; seedsavers.org



Vegtrug Raised Beds "This deep, V-shaped raised planter is worthy of a special place in my own kitchen garden," says Teresa O'Connor, a backyard speaker, advisor and writer of this Seasonal Wisdom website. "The elevated, back-saving design discourages creatures while allowing me to grow everything from hot greens into heirloom tomatoes." $269.95; williams-sonoma. com



Barnacle Water Jar Author of the popular garden blog Miss Rumphius' Rules, Susan Cohan says the "highly textured, crusty surface" of this barnacle water jar will produce a perfect piece of garden artwork sites. "I don't want to plant them I simply want them as things," she says. $128; terrain.com



Cooked: A History of Growing "From a writer who challenges and inspires me, I can not wait to read about fire, water, air and earth and Michael Pollan's proposed cooking revolution," Studio G writer Rochelle Greayer claims of Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation. $17.55; amazon.com



P-Grip 5-Tine Hand Cultivator "I'm looking at this 5-tine instrument to help me spare my fingers when yanking out prolific rocks, annoying crab bud colonies and large pokewood roots," says Rochelle Greayer, co-creator of Leaf magazine and blogger at Studio G: Ideas and Inspiration for Garden Makers. "Well-made tools are magically able to transform back-breaking jobs into enjoyable working sessions that yield remarkable results" $36.99; gardentoolcompany.com



GoPro Hero3 Dark Edition "I love to record my seed gathering or plant searching discoveries on film, but I have yet to begin using movement," states Growing With Plants blogger Matt Mattus. "But after viewing sport snowboarders record their mountain escapades with their GoPro hi-def cameras, I am aware they're just what I want to wear in my forehead or chest strap, leaving both of my hands free for climbing or seed gathering."   $399.99; gopro.com



DIY Bitters Kit Amy Stewart, author of The New York Times bestseller The Drunken Botanist: The Plants That Produce the World's Great Drinks, says "that this DIY Bitters Kit from Dash Bitters provides each of the hard-to-find ingredients and equipment for producing homemade bitters, who which you may add homegrown ingredients in the backyard." $34.99; dashbitters.com



Fiskars Garden Bucket Caddy "I love this Fiskars Garden Bucket Caddy," says Dee Nash, whose blog Red Dirt Ramblings was named Greatest Garden Website in 2011 by Horticulture magazine why not find out more see this here. It wraps around a five-gallon bucket and contains nine pockets ideal for tools, drinks as well as your cell phone. "I compose for Fiskars, but I'd love it even if I didn't," she says image source. $10.99; fiskars.com



Miniature Red Amaryllis "I really like the more compact size and abundant blossoms of these miniature red amaryllis out of Stark Bro's," says Amy Stewart, bestselling writer and co-founder of the popular blog GardenRant. "My desk faces a sunny window, and there's not anything better than a pot of bulbs in the middle of my workspace to get me through winter." $39.99; starkbros.com



The Plant Hunters "This stunning book comes packaged in a slipcase and is superbly illustrated with art from the golden age of botanical exploration," says Amy Stewart, author of The Drunken Botanist: The Plants That Create the World's Great Drinks. "Tucked into the binding are envelopes containing facsimiles of rare historical documents, making it a sort of pop-up book for grown-ups." $30; uchicago.edu



Art Glass Flowers Place "I enjoy pretty art glass in my backyard, and these blossoms fit the bill," says Oklahoma-based garden writer Dee Nash of the set of three hand-blown glass blossoms have a peek here. " $99.95; gardeners.com Still hunting for the ideal present?  



No comments:

Post a Comment